Thursday, January 29, 2009

Girls, boys, and Dead Hermit Crabs

SO, I have an 11yo female child, who has recently discovered that boys are not quite as icky as she thought them to be. She now spends countless hours on the phone with her friend discussing who likes whom, and who is Hot. What they wore, and what they didn't wear. Boys on the other hand , at this age are not so much "into" girls. I am not sure how this works. I really don't want to know how it works. All I know is that by the time a boy is able to take my girl out for a date he will also get a lesson in shotgun cleaning.....

My Hermit Crab died today, she passed quietly sometime during the noon hour, just kinda fell out of her shell. She was not actually my Crab, she was Bnuts crab, but I watered and fed her, cleaned up after her, and paid attention to her. I am honestly shocked that she survived this long, poor thing has been thru hell. First she and her aquarium mates were evacuated twice in 2 weeks, stuck into a tiny plastic box, so unlike their nice spacious aquarium. Then they were kept in the tiny box for several months. Hermit crabs need space, and friends...this one was the sole survivor. I will bury her tomorrow, when it s warmer. RIP BAHAMA

4 comments:

  1. ugh, I dread those years.... I keep telling her boys are yucky, I hope it sticks, lol. I'm sorry about your hermit crab :( They are such neat little creatures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor crab. Tell Bay that boys suck. Caly's dumped her tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! The dreaded 'boy' stage!! I am hopin mine hates her brothers enough that she wont be interested for years. LOL

    Sorry bout the crab. I always loved mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have just received the Lemonade Award. Stop by my blog to copy the picture and then give the award to ten other blogs you like. I received the award this morning for posting the cornbread recipe from someone else. We are supposed to share.

    ReplyDelete