Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Great Ceiling Fan Debate of 09'

This weekend will be forever known as "The Great Ceiling Fan Debate of 09'". Dh and I have discovered in our Home Building adventure that we have VERY different tastes. You see, all of our other light fixtures kinda came wiht the old house, and we only changed them if they broke. Our furniture has always been " early Cheap" since I firmly believe that kids can sense expensive furniture, and then they stain it with something. At least MY heathens DID.

So, where was I? OH, yes, the ceiling fans. Well, I went to all 3 local big box stores, ( Lowes, Home Depot, and Sutherlands. ) and found several fans I liked, and one I LOVED! I showed them to DH saturday evening online, he hated ALL of them! Even the one with DEERHEADS, and I was positive he would LOVE that one.But no, he claimed they were too "rustic". So while my tastes run the the casual, even rustic, DH's run to the contemporary, classical ..cough ...cough..[strike]frilly[strike]( i think he is secretly gay).

I have decided that i will just let him pick the fans, but I get all the other light fixtures, so I get to pick 16, he gets 3, and Bnut gets to pick her bedroom ceiling fan, which of course is of the Softball motif, and we already have it. When I break, I mean um, when the FANS break in a few months, I will just get the ones I originally wanted, and dh will probably never even notice.

I am including the links for your perusual, not advertising these particular sites, they were just the ones with the best pics!

My FIRST Choice, Living/Great room/Master bedroom

http://www.johnmarshalldesign.com/sc_ceiling_fan_61401.html

Second choice
http://www.johnmarshalldesign.com/br_ceiling_fan_61226.html

Third choice
http://www.johnmarshalldesign.com/sc_ceiling_fan_61712.html

DHs only choice (AKA the ones that will break soon)

http://www.fantasticfans.com/FF90515.htm

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really like the first one, maybe you can just put it up and tell him he picked it out?? LOL

    ReplyDelete